Going to the beach is brilliant fun but let’s make it fun for everyone!
We therefore request that all children and staff follow these rules:
- Treat the animals as you would like to be treated.
- Do not dislodge, dismember or remove animals from the place in which you found them.
- When turning a rock, replace it and any animals as you found them.
- Watch where you stand and try to disrupt the natural wildlife as little as possible.
- If you find anything unusual ask a member of staff and do not touch it until you know it is safe.
- Take only photos and leave only footprints. Do not leave any litter or items that are foreign to the beach environment or take anything that belongs to the beach.
- Wash your hands when you have finished!
Staff and Pupil Safety
The safety of both staff and our visitors is paramount at Learn To Sea. We ask all participants to bring
adequate clothing for the day. This may include waterproofs, warm clothing and refreshments to sun lotions, sun hats and wellington boots! Individual risk assessments are carried out for each day and consideration of tides and weather conditions are taken into account. We start the day with the Seashore Code and Safety Issues so that we can then continue to enjoy the day in safety with least damage possible to the creatures and people at South Milton Sands!
We also have a comprehensive “Policies, procedures and codes of practise.” document which staff must follow and a comprehensive public and employers liability insurance - details of which are available on request.
All staff have enhanced CRB checks, checked references and the necessary skills, commitment and enthusiasm for marine education.